firebroadside@gmail.com

Tuesday 31 August 2010

For Sigmar!!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Share it Please
Earlier I mentioned that we might start playing Mordheim: City of the Damned over here soon, and now I've painted my first warband member. A warrior priest of Sigmar!

Hans Fleischman - warrior priest of Sigmar.


I'm not entirely happy with the sculpted torches and stuff many of the Witch Hunter miniatures have as the fire rarely looks good painted, but it's not a big deal. He's also not got his proper base yet. I'm planning to use the round beveled bases that you can see in, for example, Warmachine.

I've had a whole lot of old Mordheim minis just laying around for ages that I bought back in the day, mostly with Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay in mind. So this guy won't only find work in a Witch Hunter warband but also as a figure for the Initiate of Sigmar in our WFRP3 group. Two birds with one stone and all that!

At first I thought I'd make a Beastman warband as I need to paint some beastmen for the RPG anyway, but it felt kind of boring so I dug up the good old Witch Hunters instead. I've scoured the net looking for other, alternative minis and found a really cool looking guy that I'll use as a captain and also a pack of really awesome warhounds! I'll show you when I get them.

2 kommentarer :

  1. Burn the heretic !

    Maybe I'll start a Chaos warband ... Might be funny to hold an "arms race"!

    Grtz
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe! I'm an old Chaos follower myself (having a painted Chaos warband) so it's fun playing the opposite side.

    And I'm always up for an arms race! It's a great way to motivate painting if nothing else! :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...